NEWS LETTER

30th January 2003

Dear Friend

Friday February 14th is the date to circle in your diaries. Friends of the
Orchestra present the GSSO for a magical evening of Romantic Classics for
Valentine's Day. The venue is The Grand Ballroom at the Goa Marriott Resort,
Panaji. The ticket price of Rs 250 is ALL INCLUSIVE and covers the concert
itself, together with light refreshments and a glass of wine after the
performance (courtesy of the Goa Marriott who are helping the Friends of the
Orchestra in their efforts). This is a fundraiser for the GSSO and all
ticket proceeds will go towards securing the future of the Orchestra. The
time is 7.00pm with doors closing sharp at 7.15. And it promises to be a
lovely evening with a very special programme. We are very grateful indeed to
the Marriott Hotel and especially to their General Manager Philip Spencer
for his help in supporting this cause.

We need more 'Friends' and sponsors like the Marriott, especially since, as
from January 2003 of this year, the orchestra is entirely reliant on
individual donations from well wishers, classical music enthusiasts. And
totally dependent on the hard work and efforts of the 'Friends of the
Orchestra' committee (who are all, incidentally, volunteers.)

Since we no longer receive government funding from the Kala Academy or
anywhere else we therefore need all the help we can get to support GSSO
concerts and to keep this, our tiny states very own orchestra, going.

No longer will 'Friends of the Orchestra' be able to afford to hold
performances at the Kala Academy (other than those already agreed) due to
the prohibitive costs of organising these particular concerts. We will be
concentrating instead on smaller select venues with live performances of
classical music in beautiful surroundings. Our concert programmes will be of
a thematic nature, so that each performance promises to be a unique and
enjoyable experience.

Please tell all your friends, visitors and neighbours about this very
special event and be there yourself on the 14th Feb. for "Romantic classics
on Valentines Day" to help this cause!

The venue only holds 300 people - so book early to avoid disappointment!

We look forward to having a glass of wine with all of you after the
performance.

Tickets are available at:

The Marriott Resort, Panaji. Telephone Lester on 246 3333

Pedro Fernandes Music Shop, Panaji Tel.222 6642

Davlin Electronics (David Coxhill), Treasurer, Tel. 222 9537

For further details about the Goa State String Orchestra and

 how to help support classical music in Goa contact finearts_gsso @
rediff.mail.com

Best wishes

Carole Lobo Dixon
Public Relations "Friends of the Orchestra"

To contact 'Friends of the Orchestra' Email us at
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
GSSO - 'Friends of the Orchestra' Administration address:
'Arcadia', Ho. No. 71, Moica Vaddo, Pilerne, Bardez - GOA 403 114

Posted for GSSO - 'Friends of the Orchestra'

rene