**************************************** For more information/links, see http://goanet.netfirms.com **************************************** Message:It was great to receive all your letters of encouragement. We were really surprised by how many people wrote in with positive suggestions and support for the idea of a film club membership scheme. While we would like very much to make projections of the sort we have been carrying out on an experimental basis a long term reality we have not as yet been able to come up with a solution for a feasible membership scheme. The primary problem is the high cost of buying/ hiring the necessary equipment . Most of the equipment used for our screenings was lent by community members who in turn pulled the equipment out from their offices or homes. We now need a permanent long term solution. Getting down to brass tacks it appears that just a good projector costs Rs300,000/ plus to buy outright and several thousand a day to hire. When you add the additional costs for a DVD player, speakers; amplifier, stabilizers, staff etc we are already touching the Rs 400,00 mark without having accounted for the cost of space or DVD sourcing and rentals. In other words even if we provide space and DVD sourcing services for free , we still need to raise the money for the basic equipment. We would welcome concrete suggestions for how a feasible membership scheme may be worked out to solve this problem. If u can also suggest where the necessary equipment can be hired at reasonable rates or would like to provide the equipment yourself for a certain fee please get in touch. ( WE SHALL OVERCOME HOPEFULLY BEFORE THE MONSOONS WHEN IT WILL BE GREAT TO HAVE SOME QUALITY ENTERTAINMENT!). _______________________________________________ Goanet mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.goanet.org/mailman/listinfo/goanet