Hello Goanetters,
On behalf of the Calgary Goan Association, as
President of the Club and the Coordinator for the WGD,
I like to extend an invitation to anyone who might
want to visit us in Calgary and take part in our World
Goa Day Celebrations starting from 30th Aug till the
1st of September. Vancouver Goans I am still waiting
for your participation as I did not receive any reply
from your side.
The following programme is lined up for our three day
celebration in support of WGD.

30th Aug: Goan Food Festival consisting of a variety
of Goan Foods and games. Various Stalls will be
displaying the types of foods that we Goans enjoy
including Goan Sausages,sorpotel,Cabidel,croquettes,
samosas, xacuti and also a variety of sweets including
Batica, Bebinca etc. etc. Also on the menu for the day
is a soccer game against Edmonton Goan Association six
a side ladies and full team men's game.

31st Aug: Konkani Mass in Honour of our newly Ordained
Priest Fr. Avinash Collaco at 4 p.m. followed by a
reception including a Goan meal deal.
Bingo, whist and dancing will bring us close to the
second day.

1st Sept: Being a Labour Day Holiday, we will be out
on a picnic-cum-sports activities for children and
adults. Steak or Chicken BBQ Lunch will be available
for first come first serve basis. You may also bring
in your own lunch and drinks.

Please contact me if anyone needs accomodation for the
duration etc.
EVERYONE IS WELCOME

Tel. contact: 403-2418951 or email:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Wilson Soares

# Send submissions for Goanet to [EMAIL PROTECTED]                       #
# PLEASE remember to stay on-topic (related to Goa), and avoid top-posts #
# More details on Goanet at http://joingoanet.shorturl.com/              #
# Please keep your discussion/tone polite, to reflect respect to others  #