Hello to all,

My name is Jay Carvalho, I have been a member of this list for a long time
now - a few years in fact.  When Goacom first came online i noticed it.
Over the last little while I have been personally thinking of going back to
GOA to deal in teaching students there about Entrepreneurship.
Funny that George wrote this email.  I am 24, I live in Victoria, B.C
Canada.  I currently run two not-for profit organizations. One is called The
Greater Victoria Entrepreneurs Challenge www.gvec.ca  the second, recently
started is www.secvictoria.com or the Social Entrepreneurship Challenge.  I
run two businesses and work as Business Development officer for a major
company here in Victoria.  I am quite involved in the community and the
local schools and all three universities on the island.  My challenges give
away money (10,000+) to young start-ups.  I am currently finishing a BCOm in
admin and management and a degree in psycholgoy from the University of
Victoria.   My parents are originally from GOA and i have been back many
times - the last time however was sometime ago.  I was thinking of going to
Banglore to talk with some of the major companies that are starting to be
recognized here in the West, however I would love to start bringing together
goans and Entrepreneurship.

George - I would love to work with you on this - and what i mean by this is
actually starting up a site for goan entrepreneurship and I would like to do
this as soon as possible.  Are there any goan business individuals on this
network that could contribute their time and sponsorship for a website
strictly devoted to this?
My phone number in Victoria (mobile number ) is 1 250 418 0706 and would
love to talk to anyone very much interested in this venture. George - if you
yourself would like to chat I wouldn't mind touching base on this front. I
have family in Montreal and Toronto that I could pitch this too.

Funny enough last month i did a bit of research on Indians in
Entrepreneurship and there are a few major ones during the DOT.COM days that
did very well and are well established in Silicon Valley.  I am very well
skilled in setting up organizations and raising money.  My current project
has a student doing her master's thesis on it and support for it is growing
and growing. www.gvec.ca has been around for three years and i recently
landed IBM among others on board for the infrastructure backup support.

It's funny how this has come up and believe it's time to seize the day on
this as I have been thinking about if for a while now.

www.goaentrepreneurship.com or www.goanentrepreneurship.com could be
purchased and I have a company of my own in Vancouver, B.C that could build
a very professional site and we could stream line goans towards it .

I really believe in this and I believe I am at a level now where
international work is something that I would like to take on and building an
international network for Goan Entrepreneurs would be a great start.

George if we could be in direct contact that would be great. I imagine you
have much on your plate but would love to touch base about this and see how
we use goacom.com to really focus in on making this a reality.

For all those out there you can contact me directly at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

There is much to do on this front and any support and reply would be
fantastic.   Please label all incoming email accordingly  ie. "Goan
Entrepreneurship Venture"

I look forward to hearing from those interested,

J.L Carvalho

www.gvec.ca Co-Founder and Vice President [EMAIL PROTECTED]

www.secvictoria.com Co-Founder and Chair

www.igeninc.com Partner