Dear Goanetters,

 After the 73rd and 74 th Amendments to the Indian Constitution giving
powers
 and funds to the Panchayats, there should have been no PDAs. Kya karem? Yeh
 Dil Maange More!  In Goa we have more PDAs [Pida] now than ever before.
 Dayanand Narvekar knows all about PDAs and how to manipulate them. Perhaps
,
 he can help Aldonkars and others to demolish them...now and forever.

Always nice to have an ex-Deputy CM as an opposition MLA.It takes a little
time to get adjusted. The Opposition Leader-turned-CM had the same
difficulty and has coped well with it.  Let us use their talents for our
good. The goodwill it generates will help them to win by a bigger margins at
the next hustings.

Aldonkars and Narvekar [like Parrikar and Panaji]are made for each
other...and good for each other. Let those who disagree , do better than
them and prove themselves superior.

 An MLA is a public person to his constituency. Even a saint does not make a
 good MLA. An MLA is like a mother...has to go through the labour...and
 deliver! Narvekar is doing a swell job in Aldona and Parrikar in Panaji.
Wish one of them would stand as a candidate in Mapusa..and win. Any party,
any side.Or Together for Mapusa.

> Viva Goa.
> Miguel

Plan to include Aldona in Mapusa PDA condemned

> PANJIM, OCT 21 - HERALD NEWS DESK
> - The Aldona Congress Block Committee has condemned the government
decision
> to include Aldona, Pomburpa and Ecoxim in Mapusa PDA. The party that met
> under the chairmanship of MLA Dayanand Narvekar, observed that ***instead
of
> giving powers to panchayats, the government was taking away their powers
by
> forming authorities*** to give placement to disgruntled elements in ruling
> party. This will cause considerable hardship to people as all PDAs are
> proved to be corrupt and inefficient to handle planning.
>
> Earlier, Nicolas Dias Block President welcomed and Gokuldas Halarnkar,
> sarpanch of Pomburpa-Ecoxim proposed vote of thanks.

---