The alleged picture of the Rajastani dress woman in the Ad for Goa is off the top; but I would not say it is an insult to Goans. The woman or any other persons depicted should have had some Goan Costumes and or contemporary styles of dress; this should have been in the main, with the Rajastani shown as one of other Indians also visiting in Goa.
Imagine Rajastani Tour Ad showing Goan woman and man in suit and tie! they would have revolted surely. Keep it up, Goans; we must fight this backdoor intrusion into our culture which is Indian subculture but very distinct indeed! I would think typical: Goan in dhoti and western jacket; or suit and tie; and woman in Kapod and or sari and or dress/ blouse/ skirt etc. these can all be typically Goan, but not the Rajastani.

St Marlon talks about drunks and Bollywood! In my time in Bombay not Mumbai, I have had the chance to 'tell off' some of these Bollywood producers; that they are wrongly depicting not Goan per se, but a Christian as drunk and happy go lucky, as in Amar Akbar Anthony.; also that they are depicting the drunk as a genuine remorse and rightly aggressive; anstead of using the power of this media to show the evil side of drunkenness and how the better way to go would be to drink responsibly and socially.

My motto which I practice: I like to enjoy my drink; but I will not allow the drink to 'enjoy me'. Never!

Nasci Caldeira

Hot chart ringtones and polyphonics. Go to http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilemania/default.asp

# Send submissions for Goanet to [EMAIL PROTECTED] # # PLEASE remember to stay on-topic (related to Goa), and avoid top-posts #
# More details on Goanet at http://joingoanet.shorturl.com/ # # Please keep your discussion/tone polite, to reflect respect to others #