I suppose in this case she could be referred as of
Lamani origin just as we read Brit of Asian origin and
so on.

However we Goans will regret for HOW TRUE IT IS THAT
NOT VERY SOON WE WILL BE OUT OF OUR OWN NATIVE LAND.

Visit
- Dona Paula (Vaighunim) all North Indians
- Fish Market all Malyalees and Kanadis
- Vegetable Market all Belgaum
- Novelty shops and other Enterprises, most of them
non Goans (not even of Lamani origin).
- Calangute, no need to mention
- Vasco, going gone for dogs

Ani ami Goenkar nidhon urle. Uttat Goenkarano ani
maruea amcho saad.
The Bastads want to re-n ame the streets, I say they
should focus on matter as well said/mentioned in
previous issues such as: roads, efficient public
transports, infrastructure to cleaning and disposing
of garbage, water shortage etc.  No Ponjekar or Goans
have problems with street names. Hel with these who
call themselves freedom fighters who have led this
tiny state to dogs.

Tumchea Modlo,
Vasu

So, does anybody know who this woman is?   It is
suspected that she is
Lamani and it has been mentioned that some
anthropologists define some
Lamanis as being indigenous to what is now Goa.   Even
if that definition
is false, with the knowledge that Lamanis have been in
Goa for more than 40
years, could it be possible that she was born in Goa
and lived there her
whole life?

Using the definitions I listed above, lets say that
some published a
picture of one of our London-born/raised Goans with a
caption saying
"Native of London" and there was an outrage from those
of Anglo-Saxon
descent saying that this Goan's image was an "insult
to the British" that
gives a "cheap image of London".

Would that be justified?

BT Yahoo! Broadband - Save £80 when you order online today. Hurry! Offer ends 21st
December 2003. The way the internet was meant to be.
http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=21064/*http://btyahoo.yahoo.co.uk

# Send submissions for Goanet to [EMAIL PROTECTED]                       #
# PLEASE remember to stay on-topic (related to Goa), and avoid top-posts #
# More details on Goanet at http://joingoanet.shorturl.com/              #
# Please keep your discussion/tone polite, to reflect respect to others  #