Goanet next meets in Goa: January 7, 4 pm (meeting point: Kala Academy canteen).
Goanet founder Herman Carneiro will be there. See you there!
------------------------------

Needless to say that the entire article was 'food for thought' specially for
Goan citizens and others who value mother earth and its nature's
magnanimity. If  sensitive persons like Rajesh Kenkre,  Lt. Gen. Jocob, the
ex-governor of Goa and others did not exist, we would have more 'Mumbai
Dharavis' in Goa sooner than later. The impact of this article is felt
chilling the bones in the sensitive human bodies still walking this earth,
only at the  end  where Mr. Kenkre has thought it fit to bring us back to
the quote in "India Today" which goes as follows:

"Only after the last tree has been cut down,
Only after the last river has been poisoned,
Only after the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you find,
That MONEY cannot be  eaten"

If I may be pardoned for wanting to re-invent this well put  quote, I would
like to re-write it thus:

"Only after  we ELECT our last unscrupulous candidate  in our Country's and
State's  elections for all his money and scientific brains"
"Only after he helps us poison our seas, rivers and springs"
"Only after he makes our  last fish and  wild animal disappear"
"Only after he makes our domestic animals live on steroids, garbage and
hospital refuge"
"Only after he fills our markets  with vegetables loaded with heavy metals
like arsenic, mercury and banned DDT"
"Only when shops that remain open sell us spurious good, drugs and  life
saving medicines"
"Only then  will we realise that the MONEY he gave us CANNOT BE USED TO SAVE
OUR SKINS"

I am fortunate for having known Rajesh Kenkre and his mentor  Gurudas Kamat.
We need a whole lot  more people like them to put some sense into us that
nature has to be respected and cared for (rather than our high profile
politicians),  if it is expected to care and nurture  us, the gullible and
ungrateful humans.

Here's wishing everyone  the SEASON'S COMPLIMENTS      and  a very HAPPY &
THOUGHTFUL NEW YEAR

Floriano Lobo
for GOA SU-RAJ PARTY

# Send submissions for Goanet to [EMAIL PROTECTED]                       #
# PLEASE remember to stay on-topic (related to Goa), and avoid top-posts #
# More details on Goanet at http://joingoanet.shorturl.com/              #
# Please keep your discussion/tone polite, to reflect respect to others  #