AN APPEAL FOR HELP

Baby KEZIA Fernandes from Benaulim Salcette is a 12 year old girl. She is the daughter of Mr. Hortencio & Maria residing at Tambddi Mati, Vassu Vaddo. Baby Kazia at this very young age has excelled in extra curricular activities and acting in Non Stop Dramas is one activity in which she acquired name and fame. Till very recently she was one of the prominent members of Roseferns dramatic troupe.

Mr. Bernardo Fernandes, the Gen. Secretary of UNITED FRIENDS CLUB informed this writer that Baby Kezia is afflicted with a very serious sickness “LEUKEMIA”. To cure this sickness lot of finance is required as she has to regularly undergo blood transfusion at Manipal Hospital, every three months. It is heartening to note that doctors at the said hospital have given all hopes for her full recovery if proper medical treatment is given to her at right time.

Being the daughter of poor parents and an eldest one amongst the 3 children, Bernardo Fernandes said she needs financial assistance to cure her sickness. In view of this, under the banner of United Friends Club, Bernardo Fernandes fervently appeal to the conscience of all kind hearted Goans not only from Kuwait on whom Bernardo is very sure of financial assistance but also Goans from other parts of the World to come forward to help this young girl to save her life. The financial assistance can be directly remitted to the special account opened in the name of Baby Kezia which is as follows:

KEZIA FERNANDES,
ACCOUNT NO: 1015,
THE GOA BANK,
BENAULIM – GOA.

When Bernado Fernandes approached me on this subject, I told him Kuwait Goans have great tradition of assisting any needy cause of Goans and since this cause warrants especial attention I am sure all the kind hearted Goans will come forward and help raise funds for the cause of Baby Kezia. In a special way, since Baby Kezia is a dramatist, I am sure the tiatrists in Kuwait, as in the past will surely take a lead as it was done in Goa by organizing a fund raising show by Roseferns himself recently.

A. Veronica Fernandes,
Kuwait.

# Send submissions for Goanet to [EMAIL PROTECTED] # # PLEASE remember to stay on-topic (related to Goa), and avoid top-posts #
# More details on Goanet at http://joingoanet.shorturl.com/ # # Please keep your discussion/tone polite, to reflect respect to others #