Hehehe, there are no limits on ridicule by some people. Mr. Nair, would you kindly care to explain, to the benefit of all ignorant people, like myself, in what manner and in what measure were the Portuguese and the Goans who worked for their administration plundering India's wealth? All the relevant facts will be welcome - objective situations, companies, persons, dates, amount of wealth plundered, etc. Of course, leave alone the Dempo, Chowgulle, Timblo and Salgaokar families. They were just patriotic Indians whom the Portuguese allowed to come to Goa, to earn a decent living from their sweat and toil!
Just to be brief on this pathethic issue, let me tell you Mr. Nair, the wealth of India is being plundered even as we exchange e-mails by your elected politicians and corrupt officials, massively!
If anyone amassed wealth during the Port. regime it was the Indian merchants and the local Goan elite before them, definitely not the Portuguese! It is easy for a serious person to find this out. But then again, getting rich honestly does not equate to "plundering India's wealth", except for some confused minds!

Rui Collaço

Lisboa

(Rui Collaco: So why is it OK for Goans to be bossed over mostly by non-Goan officers? Just because they are brown-skinned, even though they may come from 2000 kms away? Do they know more about Goa than the handful of Portuguese officials and the thousands of Goans of all ranks
who were part of the colonial administration? I doubt very much.)

Someone should tell this Collaco that the "thousands of Goans" who
were part of the Portuguese administration were basically helping that regime to plunder the wealth of India.>
Best wishes, RKN

# Send submissions for Goanet to [EMAIL PROTECTED] # # PLEASE remember to stay on-topic (related to Goa), and avoid top-posts #
# More details on Goanet at http://joingoanet.shorturl.com/ # # Please keep your discussion/tone polite, to reflect respect to others #