On Friday, March 05, 2004 7:20 PM, simon carvalho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

I had forwaded (e-mailed) this message to the Hon'ble chief Minister of Goa and
here is his reply to it.

Simon

Dear Shri Antao,

I am in receipt of your email dated February 26, 2004 regarding Goa Electricity.

In this regard, I feel that you are wrongly informed on many facts.

Under the central Government scheme to upgrade power sector Goa has benefited
maximum of the total outlay of Rs. 10, 000 crores i.e Rs. 100 per
capital would have made state eligible to around 13.5 crores. The actual
approved outlay is 250 crores.  Incidentally, in Delhi the system has rotted
and privatisation was forced as collapse was imminent. In Goa, the system is
much better but can be improved further.

With kind regards,

Yours sincerely,

Manohar Parrikar
Chief Minister of Goa

# Send submissions for Goanet to [EMAIL PROTECTED]                       #
# PLEASE remember to stay on-topic (related to Goa), and avoid top-posts #
# More details on Goanet at http://joingoanet.shorturl.com/              #
# Please keep your discussion/tone polite, to reflect respect to others  #