GOAN WRITERS
00000000000000

It gives me great pleasure and pride to  announce that  Antonio Martin
Barreto , has agreed to be the Overall  , World Coordinator of the
 *  Young Goan International Writers' Workshop *  this organization
will be associated to the newly formed * Goan International Writers'
Workshop *  , but will  work independently.

Antonio Martin Barreto  will be ably assisted  by the Global  network
of organizations of   * Goan  International Writers' Workshop * ...which
are being set up , gradually. Our first project will be a world wide
* Short story writing  competition *

The twenty best judged   *  short stories *  from  all over the world will
be published in Goa by late October 2004. The short  writing competition
will be  for different age groups on some aspect of Goan .... history,
culture etc.   I am sure the competition will do justice to the Young
Goan talent. The competition  will also  publicize  our efforts and
attract potential young Goan writers to pursue their  interests.
Details are being worked out and we should be in a position to
publish them very soon.
.
I am pleased to  share with you a short brief on Antonio Martin
Barreto and   his thoughts on  the idea of the
**Young Goan International Writers' workshop.**

I  look forward to your support in any way you may wish to give us.

rene barreto
www.goaday.com
SUCCESS , comes to those who try.
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Antonio Martin Barreto aged  38 lives with his  mother , wife and his
three children

ANTHONY MARTIN BARRETO who writes under the pen name
Tony Martin teaches English in S.S. Angle Higher Secondary School,
Mashem. He lives in the Picturesque village, Galgibaga

He is a first class first rank post graduate of the Goa University and
was awarded the Dr. Dubashi prize for standing first in M.A. (Phil)
Examination. He has also completed his postgraduate studies in English
Literature and B. Ed. Besides, 'It's a Funny World' (1994) and Naked Goa
(2003), he has written extensively for local English dailies and was a
Sub-Editor with the Navhind Times.

Residence Telephone No: 91 0832 2632012
Residence Address: Primrose
House No 626.
Galgibaga, Canacona, Goa
Pin code: India - 403728

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

 Tony Martin  Shares his thoughts.....on the way forward.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

About Young Goan Writers' International Workshop Objectives

The Young Goan Writers' International Workshop seeks to...
To create awareness about Goan writers across the
globe among Goan writers back home and vice versa.
Facilitate healthy discussion among Goan Writers on
vital Goan issues

To self-publish and promote books by Goan writers
among Goans across the globe

Help needy children in the community to discover the
magic of reading and owning books.

To set up volunteer-driven, self-sustaining,
community-based Writers' Clubs consisting of a core
group of students, parents and teachers in rural
areas. (Local people can best identify the strength
and local needs of the community)

To set up an international Book Bank to make the right
books easily accessible to children and others free of
cost or at nominal rates. (Access to the right kind of
books is essential for reading development)
To establish strong community-based resource
programmes for low-income children at local level.

---------

Self Publishing: The writer himself pays for the
publishing of his book. And the Goan Writers'
International Workshop does a review of the book and
gives it due publicity on the forum. The books could
be printed and distributed from Goa to make it more
viable.

An International Book Bank: Who the book bank gives
what type of books, how, why and when needs to be
worked out by a team of the Workshop.

Funding: Philanthropic, corporate and member support
Ways to donate: Online or by mail

Regards

Tony Martin
Goa
000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

# Send submissions for Goanet to [EMAIL PROTECTED]                       #
# PLEASE remember to stay on-topic (related to Goa), and avoid top-posts #
# More details on Goanet at http://joingoanet.shorturl.com/              #
# Please keep your discussion/tone polite, to reflect respect to others  #