---------- Forwarded message ----------

April 2004 : Staying Connected!

We've had a lot of enquiries recently about Net connectivity in Goa. After all, in
today's networked world, that is probably the single-most important consideration when
buying property, relocating, renting! So we did a bit of research and we're happy to
inform you that Goa already has stepped into the broadband club! Broadband is already
available in Panjim and will soon spread to the rest of the State. For now, it costs
Rs. 5,000 for installation and a monthly rent of Rs. 995. That's not too great a price
to pay for world-class connectivity in tiny Goa!

Of course, for the rest of the State, we have regular ISDN and dial-up connectivity
from BSNL and it's improving daily. Plus, Reliance services are getting better and
better especially in the city centres. So, rest assured you can take a holiday or move
to Goa and still stay connected!

~ Michael and Tomoko Lobo

If you've put your property up for sale, there's a new rule you need to be
aware of. You need an NOC from the PDA (Planning and Development Authority) before you
can sign the sale deed. The whole procedure takes about 15 days and you'll get an NOC
that's valid for 6 months. The procedure is quite simple really, although a little
time-consuming. You need to fill a form (this can be collected at a PDA office),
attach relevant property documents, submit it and wait for a PDA inspection. The rule
applies only to those areas that come under the jurisdiction of the PDA. So check with
your lawyer and make sure you organise the NOC, if it's applicable to your property.

And buyers, remember your title documents won't be clear until the seller gives you
the NOC from the PDA - if it's applicable to the property you're buying, of course.
Check with your lawyer.

As always, we have a slew of properties. This is the hot property of the month! More
hot properties are at: www.homesgoa.com/Newsletter/April_2004.htm, and of course, on
our website at www.homesgoa.com. There's lots more in our magazine too - it will be
out on the stands by the 10th of April. So do remember to pick up a copy!

Click here for the complete version of this newsletter on our website:
http://www.homesgoa.com/Newsletter/April_2004.htm

# Send submissions for Goanet to [EMAIL PROTECTED]                       #
# PLEASE remember to stay on-topic (related to Goa), and avoid top-posts #
# More details on Goanet at http://joingoanet.shorturl.com/              #
# Please keep your discussion/tone polite, to reflect respect to others  #