Thank you very much for your prompt response. Please keep us posted on your further findings in this regard.
Moi-mogan, Domnic Fernandes Anjuna/Dhahran, KSA
Dear Dominic, I was born on the day you attended the Shirigao Zatra,12 April,1959. It was the second day of the Milagris feast and I was born in Mapusa near the Church amidst the festivity and din. As far as I know, the custom of exchanging gifts continues. Let's check it out on 26 April.
The deal currently is supposed to be between the contractors who supply the oil to the devotees at each of the venues. The rights are auctioned in advance. It is good business. I do not know if all this matters to the Saibinn or to God: It matters to the devotees. Better that a millstone be put round the neck of the one who makes one of them to sin , and throw him in the deepest part of the sea. To change their faith mid-stream would be a disaster though I personally believe what the good book says, " The Lord said, 'I do not look at your animal sacrifices, but at your intentions' "
From: "domnic fernandes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
Hi Miguel!> I need a little clarification from you on the following:> When I attended Shirigao Zatra in 1959, Anjuna "Dhonds" with whom we
attended the Zatra, told us that Mapusa church and Shirigao Temple authorities exchanged gifts at the Milagres feast and Shirigao Zatra respectively. We were told that Mapusa church sent seven pots of coconut oil (one pot each for each sister?) to Shirigao Temple and they in turn reciprocated with candles of equal worth. Is this true, and does it still take place? Please clarify. If true, it is yet another example that goes to prove the bondage between Hindus and Christians in Goa!
Moi-mogan, Domnic Fernandes Anjuna/Dhahran, KSA
There is no reason why Lairaiee and Tulzai should not exchange their traditional gifts at their birthdays. No excuse of forgetting each other's birthday if each does not forget her own. They are said to be twin sisters among the seven.
Viva Goa. Miguel
_________________________________________________________________
Protect your PC - get McAfee.com VirusScan Online http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963
##########################################################################
# Send submissions for Goanet to [EMAIL PROTECTED] # # PLEASE remember to stay on-topic (related to Goa), and avoid top-posts #
# More details on Goanet at http://joingoanet.shorturl.com/ # # Please keep your discussion/tone polite, to reflect respect to others #
##########################################################################
