# If Goanet stops reaching you, contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] # # Want to check the archives? http://www.goanet.org/pipermail/goanet/ # # Please keep your discussion/tone polite, to reflect respect to others #

From: "Cecil Pinto" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, October 30, 2004 7:23 AM
Subject: [Goanet]The 'masochistic' people of Panjim don't need your sympathy

Dear Philip and Jose,

As a person who lives in Miramar and works in Panjim I would suggest that you keep your sympathy for Panjim residents to yourselves. The CM is the Panjim MLA. Panjim is the Capital City. Crores of money are being poured into Panjim. While the recession in the building industry is still to recover in the rest of Goa, real estate prices in Panjim are going through the roof. We have infrastructure, services and facilities that no other city in Goa has. We complain because "we are like that only". But you don't see any of us moving to Margao or Mapusa or Ponda do you? Why should we when the world is coming to our doorstep? So just keep paying your taxes properly and in time and watch with envy as all your money is put into bettering Panjim. While the Ponjekars laugh all the way to the bank as they rent out their properties at rates comparable to Singapore!

Cheers!

Cecil

RESPONSE: I am so happy for you and other Panjimites, If rents have reached the heady heights of Singapore, why not move out and live on the rent? It now transpires that the 4 multiplexes is just one cinema with 4 screens, ( as mentioned by Philip Thomas). I don't live in the centre of London - rather, Greater London, my local cinema has 15 screens I think! In due course I shall rent my place up and move to Goa, hopefully renting at a rate higher than H.K. and S'pore. I keep urging my fellow Goenkars to move to Goa, where they can enjoy life and at the same time help the economy! Unfortunately there are no takers - I believe partly, because of the bad press about Road fatalities and the Goa Medical College bed sheets! It does not help when many are putting Goa down! I say follow the example of Viviano D'Souza.

Cheers,

Gabe.