ENJOY!

Jose Colaço

==============================

#1: Bernado Colaço asks 1/11/04 [[tks GoaNet]

<I am particularly interested to know if CASTE played a siginficant role in his (Cardinal Gracias) actions>

#2: Mr. Cornel da Costa 28/10/04 [Goa-Goans] states

<India, to my limited knowledge, managed to 'invent' some of the greatest social evils known to mankind.....I can recall the major UN conference in Durban, around 2001 on progress against racism, but where unfortunately, the Indian delegation managed to take the racist issue of CASTE off the agenda.>

#3: Bernado Colaço 2/11/04 [tks GoaNet]

<Today the Cardinal(Valerian Gracias) is heralded as a hero in NAVELIM. When in fact he was a crony of (Jawaharlal) Nehru.

#4: The Navhind Times 1/11/04 page 6 [tks Goa Desc] reports

<The villagers of NAVELIM have complained about the damage caused to the interior roads due to the closure of Rawanfond BRIDGE and have demanded immediate repairs of the same on priority basis>

#5: Anthony Barretto 2/11/04 [tks GoaNet] suggests

<Wipe out all the vestiges of the Portuguese. Better start with the demolition of the Patto BRIDGE. In its place build another one. But make sure it lasts a little more than 16 years.>

#6: An unnamed reporter 28/08/03 [tks rednova.com/news] reports

< The (1983) BRIDGE, built (in DAMAN) by the Portuguese, was only wide enough for one-way traffic and had been in disrepair for years....The collapsed portion of the bridge was without any supporting pillars as they could not be built on the sandy soil below. Instead, the bridge was reinforced with iron bars>

#7: Eugene Correia 2/11/04 [tks GoaNet] opined

< It seems that only you (Bernado Colaco) and those who are with you on the Portuguese issue know that Goa is SINKING >

#8: Dr. Joe D'Souza 16/07/03 [ tks NT and Colaco.Net] wrote

<Goa's capital Panjim is SINKING....The Portuguese administrators built culverts and drains in Panjim in a scientific manner so that even under threat of heavy showers and even cyclones the city was protected by trees and sand dunes; thus the adverse effects of storms and floods did not affect the citizens.

But what has happened in the last decade has been atrocious.

#9:
Ethel da Costa 25/08/03 [ tks Colaco.Net ] penned

<Gang rape of Altinho....From the look of things – landslides have become a frightening regularity this monsoon – Altinho might end down faster than the Mandovi BRIDGE of the 80s.....

Two years back, environmental activist, Dr Claude Alvares in a PIL to the High Court complained that frequent land conversion on the hill slope was in total violation of development regulations. Underworld tainted, Bharat Shah was then making inroads into Goa....

Two years later, the Town and Country Planning board and the PWD still remains the most CORRUPT departments in Goa.

The die-hards like Dr Joe D’Souza... He has been crying hoarse in vain, in person and in print.

Unfortunately, what we chose to ignore, has come to truth now>

#10:
Eugene Correia 2/11/04 [tks GoaNet] believes

< Goa is a young state, and probably has GROWING pains>

#11:
Antonio Menezes 2/11/04 [tks GoaNet] requests

<any reader please guide me to obtain ( by correspondence course ) a ph.d. from the pre 1961 TAVERNA university of Goa ?>

#12: Percival Noronha 18/12/02 [tks Colaco.Net] records

<The Goa Medical College and Hospital, Panjim, then known as Escola Medico Cirurgica De Nova Goa, was Asia's oldest medical institution. The Military Hospital of Panelim was also transferred here in 1842. This institution, which produced eminent surgeons and catered to the needs of thousands of patients, is close to the Goan heart>

#13:
Mr. Frederick Noronha 30/10/04  [tks aldona-net] notes

<I've been attending the Goa (Legislative) assembly for the past 15 years, but never once did I get a "chance" to talk there>

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's FREE! http://messenger.msn.com/