The expeditions to research the Antartica could just be also to explore and
plunder its natural wealth.  Why do we have to disturb and pollute its
environment, lets live the penguins and the other animals to themselves,
several expeditions later at the cost of  public money., the ozone layer is
fast disappearing.  What steps have the NIO undertaken for the future to
prevent Islands and Coastlines being submerged due to global warming and other
causes ?.
Coastal regulations are being violated in the name of development, our rivers
like the Mandovi is now under threat of extinction with the Mhadei project, the
river Sal is used as a garbage dump  and an open sewer by hotels, citizens and
other organisations, the river Zuari is silted with mining ore, my favourite
delicacy the oyster has almost disappeared and fish has become scarce and
expensive,  has the NIO bothered in taking any action in stopping our beaches
being covered with oil slick, tar balls and all sort of rubbish !

Percy Ferrao
Ealing Road