From: "George Pinto" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <goanet@goanet.org>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, December 31, 2004 6:40 PM
Subject: [Goanet]Re: GEORGE PINTO'S QUERY ON CHURCH AFFAIRS

A number of people in Goan cyberspace have made the claim there are other instances
in Goa. Why have you and other Goan Catholics not asked for a full inquiry? Is it easy to
lecture about a communal video (which it is), the Hindu caste system, sati, and not deal with the
mess in your own house? That seems to be the attitude of Goan Catholics in this case.
Consistency brings credibility.

RESPONSE:

Dear George,

I have seen only one man's post regarding other instances of Priests abusing. That too, we have to take it at the writer's word. If there are indeed others out there they should come out in the open.

I suggest they send an email to the Archbishop of Goa and copy it to Goanet. Nothing could be simpler than that. Why run to a Lawyer, with their grievances ? The Lawyer has already told them to inform the appropriate Authorities; that would I believe include the Police.

cheers,

Gabe.