GL responds:
The following post could well be directed to several cyber Goans who are
in the habit of doing the same or something similar as Director Vinod
Pande. Just because these Goans are Catholics does not give them any
immunity in doing the same thing as Director Vinod Pande is doing. In
fact for a minimum we should be holding these Goan Catholics (smart
though they may consider themselves to be) to a higher standard.

I am not seeking censorship. But should the cyber-Goa administrators
play a role especially with allegations. Or the mailing list becomes
nothing more than a sensational tabloid. I noticed the ire generated
about wrong information on Thalassemia and other posts. The same should
apply to other issues.
Regards

Voice Of The Exploited <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
[Goanet]AICU & BCS DEMANDS WITHDRAWAL OF THE MOVIE  'sins'
PRESS STATEMENT
February18, 2005
The Editor                                PRESS STATEMENT

Re: AICU & BCS DEMANDS WITHDRAWAL OF THE MOVIE  'sins'
The All India Catholic Union [AICU] & The Bombay Catholic Sabha [BCS]
condemns the attempts made by the Director Vinod Pande to sensationalize
the so called fictional sexual escapades of a Priest.

This portrayal of an ordained Priest in such light will hurt the
sentiments of the Christian Community as there appears to be a fine
dividing line between pornography, truth and fiction.

As you are aware there have been heightened attacks on the Christians in
some parts of the country in the last few months. And given the communal
situation in the country, portrayal of such sensitive themes don't augur
well as there could be a communal fall out as a consequence.

It is quite obvious from the refusal of TV channels to telecast the
promos,
that the Director is hell  bent on raising the communal heat by
screening this movie. We therefore earnestly, urge the Director to
withdraw this movie from a telecast