If you could get in touch with Prof. Alito Sequeira at Goa University you could maybe access his in-depth studies on the caste phenomenon among Goan Catholics.

Either way best of luck in your studies. I hope the results will be available soon and in a format that is comprehensible to non-academic, non-intellectuals such as myself.

Cheers!

Cecil

There's also Adelyn Da Costa's (have I got the surname right?) study of caste stratification among Goan Catholics. The Anthropological Survey of India (AnSI) had also put out an entire book, listing the various caste groups in Goa, their practices etc -- both for Hindus and Catholics. This was published by Dr Singh in the 'nineties. FN