From: Cecil Pinto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<In principle I agree. For example despite being straight I am a great supporter of gay and lesbian rights. But the quandary I face is that by identifying myself as being straight am I in some way
suggesting I am 'superior' to someone who is gay? >

From Naresh Fernandes, Mumbai
Jazz Goes To Bollywood

<I also did an interesting interview with Emiliano D’Cruz, who played Latin American music in several Mumbai nightclubs with a group that initially called itself Emiliano and his Gay Caballeros until the leader, whose grasp on English slang was only tenuous because he’d grown up speaking Portuguese, finally realised the implication of the adjective. >

Kitem mhuntai re Tio Alfredo de Sveridge?

jc
http://www.colaco.net

PS: just read George Pinto's posting on "caste". A very interesting post. Makes ample sense to me. Let's see what the responses will be