Hi Rene,
I am genuinely puzzled by your seeming uncertainty about my absolute disgust of caste among some Catholic Goans. Believe you me Rene, it is hard work often presenting thoughtful/lengthy material on Goanet, instead of one-liners, on any theme, especially, when I really do not need to be on it at all for any kudos reasons.

I am genuinly ashamed of the absolute uncritical internalisation of the evil of caste among some Catholic Goans and will do all in my power to attack it, including, pursuing it with the Vatican which is wholly against this form of racism, as well as raising it in the wider media. I am fully aware that this will not make me popular at all among some Catholic Goans but it is a cause for which I am prepared to nail my mast. As to Easter, it is indeed a Christian celebration, and not a Hindu one (as far as I know), in which caste is expected to play a part. Yes, as you ask, I do know the meaning of Easter very very well but this begs the question, whether you really do, in terms of reconciling Christian Easter with Hindu caste belief/practice among some Catholic Goans!

I am aware of your great fondness for many things Goan, and for this reason, would not be too willing to be hard on you on this or any other issue Rene. However, please be reassured that my motives are absolutely genuine regarding anti-casteism which is akin to anti-racism, however uphill the struggle.
Regards,
Cornel