George,

Would not the nomination of a Indian pope also suggest
a pseudo-colonialist mentality .. afterall, the Indian
pope would serve as a figure head/puppet to encourage
the spread of a foreign culture and religion in a
"heathen" (aka hindu) nation.

Furthermore, would it not be better to inspire Goa's
youth to aspire for a Goan/Indian Nobel prize winner
rather than a religious figurehead that leads a
gradually decaying institution (aka christianity) that
is based on mythology and irrational thought. Why
bother with a Goan leading an increasingly irrelevant
organization?

The only reason why an African, Asian or a South
American pope may get nominated is because these are
their only growth markets left. Kind of reminds me of
the Miss Universe beauty pagents!

Marlon