Yesterday's TIMES OF INDIA (May 20) had this piece titled "All style, no
substance" by Anil Dharker. It says:

<Even Cannes, the most star struck festival of them all is about films and
India's contribution this year reads like this:

Films in competition: Nil.
Films officially listed to be shown outside competition: Nil.
Films in the Critics' Week: Nil.
Films in the Directors' Fortnight: Nil.

In fact the only Indian film to be seen anywhere outside the market
screenings is a 50 year old one, being shown precisely because of its golden
anniversary, Satyajit Ray's Pather Panchali.>

If this is how we come across in international festival venues then you can
imagine the absolute hash we make of our own IFFI at home. If our IFFI
organisers (in Delhi and Goa) dont wise up by October 2005 then we may have
to re-christen the festival the Indian Foolishness Festival of Goa!