Hello,

I am Anand P. Verlekar, r/o. Prabhuwaddo, Calangute, Bardes, Goa. I would
like to share my bad experience while dealing with BSNL Authorities. I have
my residential telephone bearing no.2279162. The line is in my dad’s name.
On 2t9 Apr’05 I had submitted an application with “Customer Service division
of B.S.N.L.” in Mapusa requesting for a sulabh plan on our residential line.
After regular follow up, the outgoing calls were disconnected from 8th May’
05. The situation means that I will have to pay normal telephonic rent from
Apr’05 to 7th May’05 ( the billing cycle being bi-monthly from Apr’ to May’
05 & so on..) & from 8th May’05 my rentals will be as per sulabh plan.
Yesterday I have received the bill for the month of Apr’05 to May’05,
needless to say as usual the rent for both months is charged at the normal
rate, without even considering rentals which should be charged for sulabh
plan from 8th May’05. I enquired with their customer service center on
2252500 in Mapusa, & was replied that even when the sulabh is applied on 8th
May’05, rental billing is done on monthly basis, so there is no provision of
billing on prorata basis.
Now my question here is that, if rental is charged on monthly basis, then
when the connections are given or the lines are shifted in the middle of the
month, then B.S.N.L. charges for the rate on prorate basis? I think this is
cheating on part of B.S.N.L. There can’t be double mind in deciding the
rentals. There might many of such B.S.N.L. customers, who just due to fear
of wasting valuable time, may not be giving much attention to these dirty
tactics by B.S.N.L. I think the time has come, where the B.S.N.L.
Authorities should properly handle such situations.

Regards,
Anand.