Dear Ms.  Gwen Precila White,

Thank you for your clarion call on the Vatican.
None of the international news channels like the BBC  or the CNN gave this
breaking news nor did our  enterprising channels in India like Aiz Tak and
NDTV 24x7 mention a thing about Vatican being in masonry danger.

When did this happen???
Was there an earthquake?

 I was in Vatican a few years ago and my rounds around the City as well as
the entire Basilica of St Peter never gave a clue as to the defecive
masonry, even atop the Dome. And I am in construction business here in Goa .

It is a good thing that masons from the world over have volunteered to give
their services free  of charge. Is that not a wonderful news? What could we
do without such sensible free working masons?

I am sure the new Pope Benedict will be overwhelmed with joy and the world
which believes in Christ will grow roots on their knees in thanksgiving. And
Pope John Paul II will be rejoicing in heaven at this turn of events.

I shall, on my part, will see if I can convince some of the guys working for
me and around Goa, who call them master masons and command a good deal of
wages/salary will volunteer for this selfless service to save the Vatican.

Do let me know when the repairs and or modifications if envisaged to the
Vatican itself will be completed.

The re-opening of the Vatican City will, no doubt, be a joyous occasion.

If my purse lets me, I shall not want to miss this great occasion.

Do keep me posted and thank you for the concern.

Thank you and God Bless
Yours Sincerely,
Sd/-
Floriano Lobo