"Santosh Helekar" [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Folks,
Joe Vaz has insinuated…/ accused that I was "lobbing for
support" by ccing my Goanet post to some Goanetters…
-----

Hey Santosh,

Again, you are making a mountain out of a molehill and appealing to emotion instead of logic. Following is what I said, and I stand by it. If you think the cap fits you, you are more than welcome to wear it.

[After all, I find that this was not all a wasted exercise. Well, I have learned something for sure. I have learned how some netters lobby other netters/friends for support and strategize to browbeat anyone who differs with what they profess. No wonder there is something called the popular net-vote/support by using the clandestine lobbying technique. This practice is skillfully perfected and successfully employed in politics; why not apply it on Goanet?]

I also made the following statement:

[Goanet on the other hand was prudent enough to cover up your mistake through a system that weeds out all cced e-addresses. I just wanted to point out to Santosh (and others) that ccing on a public forum is not a good idea.

RE: But then, Santosh was simply lobbying for support, and I can understand that.]

Santosh earlier wrote:
I cced that email to some people with whom I was discussing the
issue of urban legends, when your post arrived in my
trash box. Most of the individuals to whom I cced my
response, subscribe to the digest version of Goanet.
In fact, they thanked me for sending them an advance
copy of my post.

RE: The later part of my statement was due to the fact you copied your response to a few select individuals (who are also subscribed members of Goanet), but chose NOT to copy the author of that original post i.e. myself. That was the reason why I called your advance cced post to your friends(?) as seeking support (or soliciting private discussions, which you admitted to). So, why you specifically cc your response to a few select individuals but NOT copy the author on that advance post?

Please don’t take this personal. You are now steering this whole thing in another direction to put a negative spin on it. My original post querying your intent was to make this forum free of any restrictions, and negate any condescending attitude towards the poster/s.

I have always advocated a free posting policy on this forum, and Goanet archives will depict that. Different people have different interests, and there should NOT be restrictions to postings, to that effect (sans abuse of course). There was no need to make a mountain out of a mole hill over a simple post such as the “Acres of Diamonds”. QED.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Joe Vaz

Millions of marriage proposals. http://www.bharatmatrimony.com/cgi-bin/bmclicks1.cgi?74 Find your match on BharatMatrimony.com