http://www.ndtv.com/morenews/showmorestory.asp?slug=Manmohan+calls+terror+a+global+problem&id=75691
NDTV Correspondent
Friday, July 8, 2005 (Oxford):

A clearly emotional Dr Manmohan Singh tried to reach out to the British public today, while receiving an honourary degree in civil law in Oxford. Expressing shock over the terrorist attacks in London, the Prime Minister said that India, which has been a victim of terror, stood by the British people. "My sincere condolences to the families of those who died. We stand behind UK and especially London. I express shock and anger," he said. In fact, combating terror and a collective effort in defeating it was the central theme that the Prime Minister is taking to every platform, from Gleneagles to Oxford.
Transnational operations
Today also the PM started by deviating from his written speech to emphasise on the danger that global terrorism poses. "It is a threat to all and feeds on hatred and cynicism. All of us who believe in the rule of law must join hands to wipe the scourge out," he added. In the current globalised world, the terror industry too has transnational operations. It can strike anywhere, from New York, Bali and Madrid to Ayodhya or even London. It therefore needs a global effort to strike at its root and that's the message that the Indian Prime Minister has been making strongly in Oxford, England.
This insane cowardly act on UK should be condemned by everybody. As Bush rightly said, Either you are with us or you are with the terrorists. This is not the time to point fingers. This is an attack against UK and everyone should be united to support Blair.
Regards,
Carlos