Tennis will be at Wimbledon just 15 mins walk from home!

The 2012 Olympic Games will be held in London, the International
Olympic Committee has announced.

London won a two-way fight with Paris by 54 votes to 50 at the IOC
meeting in Singapore, after bids from Moscow, New York and Madrid were
eliminated.

Prime Minister Tony Blair called the win "a momentous day" for Britain.

Paris had been favourite throughout the campaign but London's hopes
were raised after an impressive presentation by Lord Coe, the bid
chairman.

IOC president Jacques Rogge made the dramatic announcement at 1249 BST.

It will be the first time the Olympics has been held in Britain since 1948.

Coe said: "This is just the most fantastic opportunity to do
everything we ever dreamed of in British sport."

The Queen, in a message to Coe, said: "I send my warmest
congratulations to you and every member of the London 2012 team for
winning the bid for the UK.

"It's a really outstanding achievement to beat such a highly
competitive field."

Read the rest of the story at :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/front_page/4655555.stm

--