Internet Usage in Goa has increased tremendously and technology keeps
improving everyday. However, I would not say that Sancharnet is the least
expensive option. Cost wise, yes, but its at a cost of lousy service, and of
course letting you down when you need it the most.

The broadband revolution has already hit the major cities thats Panjim,
Margao, where here we have a choice. For other locations, its only BSNL.

Ive been a 500 Rs Line User for nearly 6 months, before i've nearly halved
my internet bill recently with the introduction of my VSNL or TATA INDICOM
broadband line. As a web design firm, i need to be connected as much as
possible, I've taken a 64kb unlimited bandwidth line that cost me 800 bucks
a month. The speed is amazing, but the best of all is its consistency. With
the amount of heartbrekas iv'e had with BSNL, I'm happily recommending VSNL
to all my clients in Panjim. They however are not catering to anyone to
outside Panjim, which is a real shame.

For the normal user, there is a 512MB line with 500MB Data Transfer at just
400 bucks!!!! and 1 GB at 825 bucks.

All the die Hard Goanetters in Panjim, do take a look at it, They are based
at the old Dishnet Cybercafe at Mathais Plaza, Panaji

Regards

Vernon Fernandes