I had posted a message requesting for information on shipbuilders in Goa. This was actually a query raised by a friend, who is working in a company which has received inquiries for construction of ships in Goa. While his firm is inquiring with various shipyards like Mazgaon Docks in Mumbai, he asked me to find out if there is some capacity available in Goa.

I had not received any response, so I thought that there is no shipyard in Goa which I can inform my friend. However, Fredrick had posted an item regarding Sesa Goa, and I thought that I had read somewhere that they had a shipyard. Is this correct? Does anyone know if they are still in the business?

Would appreciate if I can have some information to pass on to my friend. He tells me that if there are any shipyards which can offer quick deliveries, there is a big scope. Chinese shipyards are fully booked for three years, and he says that India can take advantage of the situation.

Sachin Phadte

Job hunting? Get the right one! http://creative.mediaturf.net/creatives/timesjobs/hotmail_TOL.htm Log on to www.timesjobs.com TODAY