http://www.expresshotelierandcaterer.com/20050822/foodbeverage01.shtml

ACE Goa Sets Up Culinary Forum

Vyas Sivanand - Mumbai

The Academy of Culinary Education (ACE), Goa is setting up the
Culinary Forum of Goa, under the leadership of chef PN Raman, director
culinaire, ACE. The forum that currently has 70 members is looking at
increasing this number to 100 members in the near future. Membership
to the forum is open to Chef de Partie (CDP), senior CDP, kitchen
executives, junior sous chef, sous chef, entrepreneurs, executive
chef, corporate chef, etc. Membership is also open to hotel management
institutions as well as training and education establishments
connected with culinary education.

Commenting on the formation of the forum, Raman said, "The forum is
essentially for chefs in Goa to come together and network on one
common platform."

Even though Goa has a host of five- and four-star hotels, many chefs
working at these properties are unaware of the latest culinary trends
and kitchen procedures and are in dire need of regular updates. The
main objectives of the Goa forum are to raise the standards within the
culinary trade in the state, to develop the art of cooking, to promote
local cuisine, enhance exchange of ideas and encourage mutual
co-operation between culinary professionals.

"Currently we only have chefs from various hotels as members of the
forum, but we will soon open up the membership to include restaurants,
canteens and other Food and Beverage (F&B) outlets," added Raman.

Commenting on the additional benefits of the forum Raman says, "We
needed to have a forum of our own to be affiliated with IFCA (Indian
Federation of Culinary Associations) and WICA (Western Indian Culinary
Association). With the formation of this Culinary Forum of Goa, we
become affiliated with the parent body."

--
Cheers,

Gabe Menezes.
London, England