I have no objection to Alfred’s call for a vote, or to a call for new images
for the proposed stamp, or for even my pencil-portrait of Abbe Faria to be
voted out if there is a general or overwhelming aversion to it.  And yes,
Venantius, the pencil portrait of Abbe Faria on the site is my creation as the
credit denotes, and your insightful reference to it is appreciated.

Buttons for Submissions/Comments have been provided since the inception and are
open 24/7, so as to avert any bemoaning about being left out.  Unlike the
Farias, I desire no quarrel, having long ago given up pursuing the vow of
celibacy for that of matrimony.

Presently, the petition-pendulum appears to have suffered a stroke at 192.
Whatever it takes for anyone to resuscitate it, please feel most invited to
take over -- be the hypnotist, healer, caretaker, undertaker…………….. so long as
you give me the pleasure of licking his stamp come May 31, 2006!  :)

Dom Martin

<Message: 6 Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:01:32 +0200 From: "Alfred de <Tavares"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>