Many posts have been written on this subject.  None that I read, quoted the
total number of flights to land / take off from Dabolim.  Most airports with
one run way should be able to land a plane every 15 minutes - AT LEAST.  So A
MINIMUM OF 240 planes a day CAN USE THE AIRPORT between 6 AM and 6 PM.  My
relatives who have flown into Goa call the airport much, much better than
before.
So what is the big problem with Dabolim?  Please respond with facts rather than
opinions

And if airport is that busy, it is my understanding that the state and Central
Governments want to build a new airport at MOPA. And the same Goans are beefing
about that too.  Are we just becoming a group of inward looking and chronic
complainers?
Kind Regards, GL

Frederick Noronha
In India, there are hardly any night-time domestic flights -- except a very few
connecting the big metros. This probably means the navy is willing to
accomodate the tourism lobby, ruin the sleep hours of the state, but not stop
their ludicrous peak-morning naval flights which
disrupts the continuous working of the airport and bottlenecks all the flights
to a narrow afternoon slot.

The navy and the Airport Authorites of India have been blaming each other for
inefficiencies of the airport (mostly the AAI getting blamed). But for the
traveller entering Dabolim, life remains trying.

Haven't we seen this airport repeately getting crores of rupees for renovation
which hardly reflects in the quality of work there? Also,
isn't this one of the few airports in the world which doesn't have a public bus
service connected to it? FN

On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 12:46 +0530, Goa Desc wrote:
> The naval authorities have said that though the Dabolim airport was
> available for operations, it has not been utilised by the operators of
> scheduled  and chartered flights after 6 p.m adding that there was ample
> scope for  accommodating large number of commercial flights in the time slot
> from 6 p.m to  6 a.m.  "most international airfields abroad have a closed
> down period at night but there was no restriction in Goa."

Richard Cabral
Compare the two statements and you can clearly see how cunning the Navy is
trying to be. The Navy is clearly trying to bluff the readers and Goans leading
them to believe that the Navy is very generous and considerate towards them.How
very samrt!