|              Add your name to the CLEAN GOA INITIATIVE                 |
|      by visiting this link and following the instructions therein      |
|   http://shire.symonds.net/pipermail/goanet/2005-October/033926.html   |
The Aldona Children's Park, once a vibrant community recreation centre, has been lying neglected for many years. Each and every time elected representatives have promised to do the park up but have failed to deliver.

In mid-September 2005 my good friend and civil contractor, Gordon Lobo, decided to do what he could with his limited resources. He got the park weeded and cleaned up for a start. Other locals chipped and paint was purchased. A painting contractor from Aldona, Thomas Tavares, gave his workers and tools free for painting the park. A Dubai based Aldonkar, Cajetan Mendonca, gave a generous donation of Rs. 5000/- when he came to know about this initiative. Local businessmen are contributing time, energy and resources. My brother Conrad Pinto, a computer graphics expert, made a design for one wall of the park and also a simulation of how it would look in two years if it was not maintained. Mark D'Souza, the popular and talented art teacher from the St. Thomas Boys High School has volunteered to coordinate the painting of that wall.

On 26th October 2005 young children from Aldona will converge at the park they will be provided with paints and brushes and will paint the wall themselves. Volunteers most welcome.

We are sick and tired of waiting for the Government to spruce up the Aldona Children's Park. We will do it ourselves. For our children and their children.

=====