|              Add your name to the CLEAN GOA INITIATIVE                 |
|      by visiting this link and following the instructions therein      |
|   http://shire.symonds.net/pipermail/goanet/2005-October/033926.html   |
Archbishop's greetings  on Eid-Ul-Fitr.

The Archbishop Filipe Neri Ferrao and the whole Catholic community of Goa and
Daman, conveys his heartiest greetings to the Muslim community on the festive
occasion of Eid-Ul-Fitr.

Eid-Ul-Fitr, a family feast of every Muslim household which follows the month
of  Ramadan-a school of Iman (faith) and a 'stop to recharge one's spiritual
batteries'  to acquire one's provision for the rest of the year..., The noble
month is a true school of transformation in which we change our actions,
habits and manners that are in variance with the Law of Allah, so by spending
time in prayer, we may become acceptable before him and improve our obedience
towards him. Also the `Eid is a chance to multiply good deeds by bringing
happiness and pleasure to the hearts of others, Muslims as well as all others,
especially helping and supporting the poor and needy.

We pray that all the acts of fasting, prayers and other righteous actions, be
a God-sent opportunity for the Muslim community in particular and for all of
us, to improve our quality of life, to leave all worldly pursuits, to shun all
evil deeds and become more humane promoting peace and harmony all around and
in this way we may come closer to God. Wish you a Happy Eid- Mubarak.