From :  Cecil Pinto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent :  Friday, November 18, 2005 10:45 AM
To :  goanet@goanet.org, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject :  [Goanet] Tomazinho Cardozo's Play and Konglish

At the very beginning let me state that I am not a theatre lover. In any language. I much prefer movies as entertainment. But since I did go for Tomazinho's play, The Verdict, just to see if he could successfully make the transition from Konkani to English drama. I think it was brilliant first attempt.

I had another appointment at 7.45 p.m. so I had to leave after watching just about 40 minutes of the play, but what I saw was impressive. Later in the night I phoned a friend who had watched the entire play and asked for his opinion. He said that it was good except for the Goan accents and the Goan English. I had noticed this too, but had seen it as a positive rather than a negative. ...........

Cheers!

Cecil

Don't just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/