|    Goanetters annual meet in Goa is scheduled for Dec 27, 2005 @ 4pm   |
|The Riviera Opposite Hotel Mandovi, Panjim (near Ferry Jetty/Riverfront)|
|         Attending.......drop a line to [EMAIL PROTECTED]            |

UK: Indian workers slash IT wages
26 Dec: The Telegraph (UK). Indian technology workers are flooding the UK on temporary permits, undercutting local wages and raising the prospect of a homegrown skills shortage ... "Wages are being undercut by companies bringing over Indian workers, who are put up in hostels and paid poorly." Home Office immigration figures show that 21,448 foreign IT workers have been issued work permits this year, a 15pc increase on 2004 and almost double the level five years ago. Of those, 85pc now come from India ... an experienced software programmer in India receives £6,600 a year compared with £33,000 for his counterpart in the UK ... One senior UK "onshore offshoring" figure claimed: "The real reason why companies are turning to people from the Indian subcontinent is that UK graduates can't compete with the quality of India's technology graduates. The level of intelligence and attention to detail is lacking in UK staff coming through the education system." 505 words.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2005/12/26/cnindia26.xml&menuId=242&sSheet=/portal/2005/12/26/ixportal.html

Europe: 'Poor quality cause of global outsourcing'
26 Dec: Hindustan Times. The poor quality of service from incumbent in-house IT departments is pushing European firms towards global outsourcers, a study by the Economist Intelligence Unit for Indian company Infosys claims. http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/5983_1582740,00430005.htm

India: Briton trying to flee to London with two teenage boys
26 Dec: Outlook (India). Immigration officials at Bangalore airport has taken into custody Sixty-two-year-old Douglas Ian William Rankin, a British citizen, who was trying to flee to London along with two teenagers on allegedly fake travel documents ... The investigation showed Rankin had been illegally staying in Goa for 10 years ... http://www.outlookindia.com/pti_news.asp?id=344521

Report on Secretariat building submitted to Goa Government
27 Dec: The Hindu. Fundacao Oriente to conserve the 500-year-old palace ... The project brings to light several facts of the building and its occupants ... Fatima da Silva Gracias prepares historical part of the documentation ... http://www.hindu.com/2005/12/27/stories/2005122709190300.htm

Free Competition: Holiday in Kenya and the Seychelles.
18 Dec: Sunday Times (UK). The prize is worth £12,000. Closing date 7 Jan. 2006. Details at http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2100-1934461,00.html

Indian selected 'Sexiest Man Alive'
26 Dec: MidDay (Mumbai). A geophysicist of Indian origin has been selected the 'Sexiest Man Alive' by People magazine along with Hollywood superstars Johnny Depp and Brad Pitt. Michael Manga, a 37-year-old geology professor of UC Berkeley, who the $500,000 MacArthur 'genius' grant earlier this year, was included in 'People' magazine's world's 14 sexiest men list ... His father, who is of Indian origin, immigrated to Canada from South Africa. Manga was born in Hamilton and raised in Ottawa. http://ww1.mid-day.com/news/world/2005/december/126880.htm

Canada: Foxy Foodies
24 Dec: Vancouver Sun. The second series of Godiva's, the TV melodrama, wrapped last week ... The show follows the comings, goings and antics of folks working at an edgy Yaletown restaurant and it's damn sexy and fun ... And yes, it's true that show star Stephen Lobo, who plays Godiva's chef and cast member Sonja Bennett are dating. I guess that's why they looked so cozy recently at the Fifth Avenue Cinemas. For a profile of Stephen Lobo see http://www.goanvoice.org.uk/supplement/StephenLobo.htm

Stars turn raunchy at New Year!
26 Dec: India Daily. Bollywood's bold bombshells and macho men plan to end the year on a very hot note! Skimpy tops, wild music, unlimited wine and of course sex on a beach! Most of the hotshot celebrities say they would prefer a beach in Goa to exchange New Year greetings ... Rakhi Sawant says, "This time I am going for a change. I want lots and lots of sexy old people around me dancing, boozing and flirting with me ... And I want to do all these things on one of the sexy beaches in Goa." ... Parmeeta Katkar wants to have a Mardi Gras party on the New Year's Eve on any hot beach in India." http://www.indiadaily.com/breaking_news/54151.asp

|                    Goa - 2005 Santosh Trophy Champions                 |
|      Support Soccer Activities at the grassroots in our villages       |
|  Vacationing in Goa this year-end - Carry and distribute Soccer Balls  |