|         New on Goanet's website's A&E section - http://www.goanet.org

|           Book in Review: A Kind of Absence - Joao da Veiga Coutinho        |
|                     POEM: SUSEGAAD - Cynthia Gomes James                    |

http://www.goanet.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=216

Read the well written article on this subject by Valmiki Faleiro with interest
and nostalgia.
Like most Goan writings, he recaps and analyzes the past with no insights into
the future.
Just blaming history will not bring Goa and Goans sucess and prosperity unless
we are willing to learn from history.
To me the 1967 lesson is that Goans can achieve much if they ACTIVELY AND
PROACTIVELY work at it.

As a member of the Goan Diaspora, the Opinion Poll was a manifestation of the
Goans (wherever they may be) to preserve their identity. So when will we hear
next about the newly formed NRG group and committee? This is supposed to
coordinate the Diaspora Goans, so that we can preserve our identity beyond the
celebrations?

As a first step let's stop blaming the past (Goans) or the next Goan even if
they are politicians.
Let each Goan determine what can they do NOW for their Goan community.
Hopefully others with the same inclination and interests can work together to
make a sucess of the project.
Kind Regards, GL