  From: Vivian D'Souza
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Saturday, March 04, 2006 1:18 PM
  Subject: DTH TV

  Aloysius:

  Saw your query on the Goanet forum.   DTH/TV is available in Goa.  I have it
at my home in Socorro.  I paid Rs. 3,900/- for the satellite dish, a decoder
box and the
  connecting cables from the satellite dish to the decoder box.
  There is no monthly fee.  The dish has to be aimed by the installer at the
  satellite in the sky, using some equipment to aim.

  The reception is crisp and clear, except on windy days when the satellite
dish is
  buffeted by winds I guess.  But this is very seldom.

  You get BBC News,  Headline News (a round the clock English News channel) and
  several Doordarshan channels including DDSports.  In addition there are
several
  other channels in hindi and regional languages such as Marathi, Gujarati,
Orriya, Malayalee,Kannada, Tamil etc.  There is also an audio channel with
music in various languages,

  I have had my DTH service for over one year now and am very satisfied with
it.
  However I use it as a back up for my Cable TV service which has more
programs,
  but is susceptible to frequent breakdowns because of where I live.