AAAI to hold a two-day Creative Awards Festival in Goa in April
Indiantelevision.com Team
(8 March 2006 2:00 pm)

MUMBAI: For the first time in India, advertising creative awards would
take on a festival format. The Advertising Agencies Association of India
(AAAI) is planning a two-day advertising festival on 28 and 29 April in
Goa.

Hitherto, AAAI has been organising its Creative Awards show as a
one-evening offering. AAAI has as its members, all major advertising
agencies that produce some significant advertising campaigns. Bulk of
the work appearing in media has been created by its member advertising
agencies.

Designed on the lines of Cannes Advertising Festival, AAAI Creative
Awards festival would over two days showcase the best India has to
offer. Entries for awards selection are expected from all members and
non-members of AAAI.
This year, over 3000 entries are expected from all over India in a wide
spectrum of categories with entries from virtually all the major
agencies. All creative work entered would be on display and TV
commercials submitted would be screened for everyone to enjoy. Two
half-day seminars on Creative aspects of advertising are being organised
where two worldwide creative directors are expected to lead the
discussions.

The entire event itself is being organised on the Goan sea shore, at a
site appropriately called the Ad Village.  AAAI president Srinivasan
Swamy said, "We expect about 800 delegates to this festival drawn from
agencies, advertisers, media and government. We have special
arrangements planned to attract the less than 30 year old professionals,
involved in advertising, marketing and media, to attend our festival,
enjoy themselves while learning.  Even management students and academia
can avail of this special offer."

AAAI chairman of the Awards Committee Arvind Sharma said, "The current
festival is the brain child of our creative community. They have
determined all the critical details and are quite excited of what is
being done. This will truly be the awards programme where judging will
be fair and transparent and the jury would be drawn from the creative
fraternity itself." Swamy added, "Our awards festival has two principal
partners - Star Network and Hindustan Times - supporting it. We also
have a number of other associate partners who have agreed to lend
serious financial support. We therefore have the money, ideas, momentum
and the energy to pull this off as a great show that would make our
industry proud. And we will build on this show every year and create a
festival that India can be proud of."

~(^^)~

Avelino