Dear Mario,

Thank you for opening a larger view-window to life.
I am a trained ex-merchant marine officer where discipline is grilled in
one's bones. And my view of the world is always tinted with the hue that
discipline displays.

I grew up in pre-liberation Portuguese Goa where I am proud to have
willingly sold home-grown vegetables in the Aldona/Mapusa markets to make
ends meet while in school and even headed  a heavy  vegetable basket on
Fridays to reach my mother to the taxi-stand on the way to school (SSC),
without foot wear (as t he same was a tradition for all, then).

And  I have grown up liking two things: (1) Discipline and (2) Dignity of
labour.

In my days at sea, I have been privileged to be among people of standing in
most countries  of the world I have visited. And hence the kaleidoscope of
my vision on the  way of life. But despite this,  the two thumb-rules listed
above that makes me tick have weathered out and will always be a part of my
psyche....  come what may.

It is this that sees me in the High Court at Panjim most often when I should
be up and about the business of taking care of my own stomach.

Nevertheless, your vision in life has given me something to think about and
I shall treasure the same, rest assured.

with warm regards

Floriano
goasuraj
check-out the Road Map for Goa at www.goasu-raj.org