My dear  Florianobab,

May I comment on 4 of the points (infra) that you made wrt Mr. Rene Baretto

1: I came to realize that Mr. Rene Barreto has gone to the extent of organizing this meet on his own, along with some of his unsuspecting cronies like Vivian D’Souza for vested interests of his own. Vivian D’Souza has his head on his shoulders and wants to do something good for Goa and Goans.

2: This proposed Global Goan Forum STINKS primarily because Mr. Rene Barreto has not found it fit to confer with others at ground zero to find out more about the Goa Chamber of Commerce and its present President Mr. Nitin Kukolienkar..... a RSS member to the core.

3: I found out that Mr. Rene Baretto had a hidden agenda of setting-up the Global Goans Association and delivering it to the GCCI on his own terms and was utterly impatient to hear other people’s views and wanted to push the agenda through just because he had called some few high-ranking people and served them with some pep talk.

4: To me Mr. Rene Barreto is a complete HOAX.

====

JC comments (in random order)

1. I totally disagree with you that Rene is a Hoax or that he is likely to have any (devious) hidden agenda. To me, Rene is a good guy who wants to do something good for Goa and Goans. Accordingly, I'd be grateful if you would reconsider your post and withdraw those remarks about Rene Baretto. Rene, whom I consider as a good friend, has his own faults. I too have numerous faults. But being a HOAX or having a (devious) Hidden Agenda are not among his faults.

2. I personally believe that Rene needs to confer with his friends. Vivian D'Souza is his friend. From what I know of Vivian D'Souza, he has the good interests of Goa and Goans at heart. And Yes, he has his head on his shoulders. He is one on whom Rene can count utterly and absolutely.

3. One of the problems that Rene might have ....and I am only saying "might", is that he might be too trusting. This might land him into difficulties. And IF others join organizations which Rene sets up / or wants set up (and then unfortunately orphans-because he has moved to the next project), these "others" will end up in a form of intractable soup.

4. Rene's history of unmerited trust is quite clear: first it was that anti-NRG chap Chandrakant Keni, and now this chap you describe (curiously as your "friend") as a RSS fella.

5. It's not that Rene Baretto has not been advised before, but he has been.

6. I note above that Renebab did not have much time to listen to the views of others. That is the ONLY problem for which I'd fault him. For, it is one thing to be just a benevolent truster of all things. It is another to be Conned because one is too stubborn to pay attention to disparate voices. I have personally advised Rene that ...being "deaf" to opposing voices is a form of censorship and dictatorship....and that dictatorships and censorship never ever help any project which depend upon Voluntary participation.

6. Floriano, I thank You for bringing this up in the public domain. Surely, Rene will be upset at this furore. All he was trying to do was something good. If he reflects upon it, he will know that actually, you have done him and Goa a big favour.

7. We Goans have been choralled like sheep by Salazar's dictatorship, and then on... by the dictatorships which followed and....... continue.

8. Thank you for being that Voice....one normally expects from the Goa press. But then again, that is a whole new topic by itself.

Rene, my friend ....your friends will speak out in your face, your enemies will use you and stab you in the back ...ALL of it while smiling at you.

much love from a pleasant day in Miami, FL

jose