My prior post congratulated Elisabeth on her forthright placement of an
enlightening post on Goanet.  As I read her post, the question raised in my
mind is: Why are there "many bigoted minds in Goa"?
Is it a camouflage for our failure to be hardworking, productive, and
broadminded that blinds us?
Do our own inadequacies make us parochial, fail to appreciate progress and
learn from others?
Do our unchanging minds fuel endless posts on issues revolving around 1961 (and
others) with no new facts to share or review?

Perhaps this may explain the root problem of Goans both in Goa and in the
Diaspora.  That is sometimes reflected in the dialogue on cyberGoa (go for the
jugular in self-defense); and our failure to be inclusive in the Goan
community.  This may also explain our lack of ability to appreciate progress
and say loudly, "Good Job" instead of a being chronic complainers or fascinated
with bigoted terminologies.

Beyond recognizing this weakness how do we work towards changing it?
Kind Regards, GL

Elisabeth Carvalho
There are many bigoted minds in Goa, who use the word "Hindu" and "Indian" in a
derogatory manner. I think instead of making such cosmetic changes as deleting
words from our vocabulary, we should consistently go about changing attitudes
instead.