     Domnic Fernandes continues (Part II) his reminiscence of
                       Mapusa of the 1950s

  http://www.goanet.org/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=426
On April 5, 2006 news trickled in of the sad and untimely death of a
smiling face and a kind soul, who was part of our village for two score
years and more.

Alfred Vincent de Souza (or, just Alfie to most) played with us, worked
for the village, was active in following Saligaonet and often giving his
quiet feedback on issues raised on it. He dreamt of a better village
that held out a pleasant childhood for all our kids.

Below are some of the tributes paid to this helpful young man, snatched
away in the prime of his life, who never ran short of a smile on his
lips and a good word for whomever he came across. The favourites of the
gods, they say, die young! ...  http://saligao.goa-india.org/alfred

Alfred was an RO (radio officer) at the ONGC offshore, and a former
Britto boy. Please see some of the tributes paid to another victim of a
heart-attack. FN
Frederick 'FN' Noronha   | Yahoomessenger: fredericknoronha
http://fn.goa-india.org  | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Independent Journalist   | +91(832)2409490 Cell 9822122436