     Domnic Fernandes continues (Part III) his reminiscence of
                       Mapusa of the 1950s

  http://www.goanet.org/index.php?name=News&file=article&sidB6
You seem to have missed the point. The Colva margao taxis are only an
illustrative point;  so are the 100 odd taxis standing outside the
railway station and Kadamba bus stand.  There are thousands of taxis
in south Goa, all solidly backed by the local goons and politicians.
They constitute an important vote bank.

I do not wish to comment any further about the dabolim/mopa issue, as
it has been sufficiently flogged in this forum, except to say that my
views are aready well known, and posted earlier --There is no need for
any other airport, besides Dabolim, in a small state like Goa. Dabolim
has the capacity to support both military and civilian flights for the
next few decades. The Navy will remain in Dabolim, as there is no
other viable alternative to meet our national security requirements
being presently met from this airfield.
regards,
Gilbert Menezes