     Domnic Fernandes continues (Part III) his reminiscence of
                       Mapusa of the 1950s

  http://www.goanet.org/index.php?name=News&file=article&sidB6
Hi AJP, Please also post your messages to goanet@goanet.org where they
will get circulated. Thanks! FN

On 12/04/06, Pereira Antonio Jose <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thank you GoaNet for posting my earlier feedback - hope it provokes a
> thought from others and help serve the intended purpose of having a NRI
> Commissioner.
>
> Please allow me to add some "after-thoughts" as below:
>
> 1. Start a forum/discussion or advisory thread providing advice/guidance
> on investments (funds, shares, etc.) in India.
>
> Having a trusted investment agency will help the Goan Expats take
> advantage of increasing financial opportunities available in India and
> invest wisely to earn an additional income.
>
> 2. Provide timely adverts on availability of housings units/plots and
> provide guidance/ assistance for securing loans thereon.
>
> Timely alerts on recommended accommodation and reliable loan guidance
> will help fellow Goans looking for possible accommodations/real estate
> investments etc.
>
> 3. Provide guidance on selection of appropriate colleges/universities in
> India and assistance on admission procedure for our children.
>
> A trusted Help Desk will immensely help Expat Goans in our endeavours to
> secure adequate professional education for our children.
>
> 4.  Provide a common Help Desk for attestation of
> educational/marriage/visa related documents from relevant
> Embassies/Consulates in Bombay/Delhi, arrange medical tests,
> tickets/emigration clearances etc. for family visits.  Presently,
> dependants need to travel to Bombay for medical tests/process visit
> visas for Saudi Arabia.
>
> Having a counter in Goa to guide/process these issues will help our
> families eliminate the middlemen and ensure reliable
> accommodation/transportation in Bombay etc.
>
> Hope my fellow Goans abroad will add their thoughts/views and help
> expand this is basic "WishList".  Let's not be the Goenkars of
> yesteryears and sit idly expecting someone else to take care of our
> needs.  I believe that this is a good beginning and it's in our own
> interest to work together and ensure it's success.  Let's work together
> (in whatever little possible capacity) and help make it successful for
> our own and, in our absence for the convenience/benefit of our families
> back home.
>
> Antonio Jose Pereira

Frederick 'FN' Noronha   | Yahoomessenger: fredericknoronha
http://fn.goa-india.org     | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Independent Journalist   | +91(832)2409490 Cell 9822122436