* G * O * A * N * E * T *** C * L * A * S * S * I * F * I * E * D * S *
 USDA certified Goa Sausages and other Goan foods can now be delivered
                   to virtually any part of the world.

                        http://www.goanfoods.com
Goa-Se Cathedral: Procession of the Black Capes - www.daijiworld.com

for pics click on this link.
http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_disp.asp?n_id=20394&n_tit=Goa%2DSe+Cathe
dral%3A+Procession+of+the+Black+Capes+%2D+Images+by+Rajtilak+Naik

On Good Friday every year, a unique procession called the 'Procession of the
Black Capes' is organized in the Se Cathedral in Old Goa.

Its salient feature is its being led by a group of canons - a special group
of senior priests with no younger priests being eligible - who are dressed
in full black attire.

After all, black signifies the pain, the agony and the death of Jesus
Christ.

This is the only procession of its kind taking place in Goa. Many years ago,
a similar procession was being held in Rome, Italy.

forwarded by Edward Verdes