Let me try answering George Pinto's hypothetical question:

> There is one tennis court in a village (a world of
> limited resources which we live in). Who among
> the following gets to use to the tennis court among
> the villagers?
> A. The village tennis star (merit based).
> B. A rich 65 year old woman who is willing to pay
> anything to play (wealth).
> C. Every villager gets 5 minutes (equality based).
> D. A poor family who has been discriminated against
> and never been allowed to play sport before in
> the village (opportunity based).

A) The village tennis star, if he had his basic training on the village court, should help coach potential tennis stars in the village. In teaching he will learn. If he decides to then go abroad (another village) and make his money he should make a commitment to repatriate some of his earnings back into the Village Tennis Court, Racket & Balls Fund. If he lives abroad and does not share his money (because he has a never ending mortgage problem) with his former co-villagers then he should also be disbarred from giving unasked-for advise on village matters that do not effect him. If he has availed of a Portuguese Passport his name should be struck off from the Village Communidade records. If he has taken permanent citizenship of some other village then he should not be entitled to 'zonn'' or allowed to participate in matters solely concerning the original village and villagers.

B) The rich 65 year old woman, if she is willing to pay anything, should build her own tennis court. She can hire local youngsters to play with her and allow her to win every time. The villagers should then allow her to give inspirational talks on tennis to the other villagers on the parking lot of the original tennis court. While she is busy giving inspirational talks the villagers can also use her tennis court, and later claim some sort of tenancy rights. She can then self-publish her book of tennis and speaking experiences and post rave reviews of the book on The Village Internet Forum. Proceeds from the sale of this book should be given to the discriminated-against family among the villagers who can use this as seed capital for an enterprise.

C) Every villager gets three 'services' cyclically on the tennis court. 2 out of 3 wins. Draws are replayed. The loser quits and the winner continues playing with the next villager. Merit will automatically surface under such competition. Village Internet Forum enthusiasts among the villagers, who don't want to avail of their quota of services, can trade their services with the more tennis-oriented villagers. Service brokers can bridge the gap between people wanting to serve and people wanting to speak only. The 65 year old woman should be convinced to set up a substantial cash prize to encourage villagers to excel at tennis. If she offers inspirational speeches and suggestions, instead of cash, she should be socially boycotted and encouraged to go to other village where the former tennis star is still struggling with his mortgages.

D) The discriminated family can be given the sole franchise for the Vehicle Parking lot and selling Bhajia, Omlette Panv and Limbu Soda (sold bottled and branded as "Discriminate Limbu Soda") in the vicinity of the Tennis Court. Enterprise should be encouraged among the discriminated. There can be very few tennis stars who will make it to the top from one village, but food, beverage and parking can support entire families. Besides the tennis star can rake in some side money by endorsing their products, "Spread the acid, fuel the hate. Pearls to swine! Discriminate!!"

Cheers!

Cecil
(Saturday Socrates)

=====