HARXEANT  HANSLO  HARXEANT  RODDLO.

As announced earlier, Salu Faleiro attained a milestone in his dramatic career spanning over 20 years starting from Goa by successfully staging his maiden full length Tiatro in Kuwait on Friday 21st of this month at Hawally A/C Hall. Very many of his associates and colleagues in the profession underestimated him but with the help of God and with the total cooperation from his closest friends and well wishers Salu Faleiro attained victory. To stage a Tiatro in Kuwait is not a joke; it requires lot of efforts and sacrifices. Salu Faleiro attained this success also thru his humility. He is not a boisterous and yapper. He is quiet and soft spoken person. He is not even speaking against his own detractors but says humbly “May God forgive them”. That over 75 % of the audience attended his drama itself is a sterling feature of his prowess. Though the Tiatro was scheduled to start at 3.30 p.m. but finally it started at 4.35.

The story is according to my observation appreciated by the audience even though here and there one could make out some flaws. Since according to my information the director is likely to stage this Tiatro elsewhere in the Gulf and Goa, I am refraining from giving full details of the story but as a whole it is good story and every artiste played his part well. But amongst all, the role played by Anil Pednekar as a destructive man deserve highest compliments. He was the centre of attraction. Here I say once again that he is the best character actor on Konkani Stage today. In Kuwait the director exhausted all the avenues to find one from the local talent but none reached to the expectation of the director and hence Anil Pednekar was brought on top priority and that he came when his own Tiatro is running in Goa is another excellence of Anil Pednekar. Lovely looker Jessica with her stylish dress code did her role well and Adrian supported the play with his magnificent performance. The others who stole the show were husband and wife duet of Sylvester Vaz and his highly literate wife Irene. Both played stellar roles in raising the level of the Tiatro. Their lovely son of around 7-8 also acted along with his parents and dazzled the audience. In the history of Tiatro Master Vaz had a unique distinction of starting his stage career at an early age during those days and for this reason the name coined as Master. Later on in mid fifties Bab Lipo proved to be the second stage artiste in the history to act amongst the professional as a small boy. Bab Lipo that time was shining like a star in Aristedes Dias’ magnificent Tiatro “DOIA” – such a Tiatro I am yet to see on Konkani Stage. Even in remote parts of the villages in Goa it was staged twice when Tiatros in Goa were staged without Mike system and without electricity; Petromax was the need of the hour then and in the absence of Buses; Caminhao, Cycles and walking bare footed with the help of “Chuttancheo Uzvaddi” people used to come to watch the Tiatros then.

The comedy roles played by visiting artiste comedian Jesus Antao, comedian Philip, comedian Mario and comedian Querobina were hilarious. Scripted, directed and coached by Jesus Antao, the audience had a great time in enjoying every bit of their comedy and because of this type of comedy the enhancement of Tiatro increaded. It was very nice to see comedian Philip displaying his natural talent which remained hidden in Kuwait for a long period due to non-acting in many of the previous Tiatros and opting only for selected few. I am sure he will open the gate for him to perform in more and more tiatros so that his talent is exposed and people are entertained. He has natural talent to perform. I have first time seen him in Arso of Roseferns along with Prince Jacob some years back in Goa. Comedian Mario also did his comedy role well, so too Querobina. In Kuwait because of petty, volatile and temporary system of “To Aslear Aum Nachona” and in order to support the analyst of this system some of the talented tiatrists remained away from acting in more and more tiatros and thereby kept their talent hidden. I hope now at least the concerned artistes will open their eyes and read the writings on the wall. There is a sying in Konkani “Har nachta mhonn Gainddo nachlear zaina”. One fine morning “Har Kuwaitcho nanch zatolo pun Gaindde varear ubtele”. This will be the pity of the whole situation.

Though the side show songs were many yet due to the defective Mike system it was difficult for many in the audience to get clear meanings of all the songs. Besides, some of the artistes while singing were keeping more distant from the mike and thereby destroying the beauty of their songs. Mike system is the main culprit for spoiling the clarity of the songs in Kuwait as a whole. Besides Mike system, Organist also denied some in the audience from listening clearly the expressions of the artistes. It is ridiculous for organist to play little louder music instead of little softer when the play is going on, because of this, instead of reaching the words and sentences of the artistes to the ears of audience organist’s little louder music disturbed the clarity of the artistes expressions. When the music is played loudly while the actors sing or speak, the expressions of the actors get drowned into the loudness of the music. After the show base Guitarist Denise was shown this disappointment of the audience. Even by playing louder music when the singers sing, the musicians spoil the essence of the songs.

Some of the new comer singers regretfully after promising the director of their help in selling the gate passes had done just the opposite. They came to the director as Beggars pleading for an opportunity to act with the promise of helping Salu in disposing of the gate passes but at the last minute returned the gate passes. In future concerned directors should take note of these new comer artistes who are not fit to sing. And that they are unfit was proved by them only in Salu's Tiatro.

One of the surprise attendees for this Tiatro was renowned Tiatrist H. Britton. He is visiting his children in Kuwait and taking this opportunity as he told me, Britton put a word to the director of the Tiatro to sing a solo free of charge but due to the excess number of songs the director politely turned down a last minute golden offer.

While concluding, I congratulate Salu Faleiro for staging his Tiatro Harxeant Hanslo Harxeant Roddlo and hope he will not put an end to where he started.

Meantime, while speaking to Salu Faleiro, he thanked first Pe. Agnelo for guiding him to this success and also thanked all the artistes for their cooperation to stage this Tiatro successfully. Besides, Salu Faleiro said he is very grateful to Jessica and Anil Pednekar who were reluctant to accept their charges for acting in this Tiatro because they felt he incurred lot of expenses in staging this Tiatro. However, Salu Faleiro said that he finally forced their shares into their pockets. Such a kind gesture on the part of visiting Tiatrists is something rare, at least to me when I am so much involved in this activity. Anil Pednekar and Jessica must be rarrity. I applaud them.

A. Veronica Fernandes,
Kuwait.